Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lemonade Iced Tea

Lately I’ve been feeling inspired to make drinks at home.  This one is my first and definitely not my last.  I loved how it turned out-Gavin did too! I hate buying herbs in plastic packaging, so I purchased some mint for my herb garden and bought 2 kinds (spearmint & chocolate).  Needless to say, I’m pretty pumped.  The possibilities are endless.  I can’t wait to use them all!

I found this drink best made a day in advance.  The mint lends more of its flavor, thus making it more refreshing.  Perfect for entertaining guests-just make sure you increase the recipe.
Lemonade Iced Tea
Makes just over 10 cups

INGREDIENTS
4 black tea bags
3 cups water

8-10 fresh mint sprigs

7 cups water
1 container lemonade concentrate (I used minute maid)
Lemon slices
Peach slices (optional)
Ice cubes

DIRECTIONS
In a medium sauce pan, boil the water. Add tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Discard after use.

In a large pitcher, muddle the mint (or use the handle of a wooden spoon) until slightly bruised. Add the tea and lemonade concentrate.

Add lemon and peach slices to the pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Garnish as desired.

*Note-I find this best made a day in advance.

Source: adapted from Epicurious

1 comment:

  1. This lemonade sounds really good. I can't wait until fresh peach season!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios