Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Friday, Sept. 14, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Spice

As I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve accepted our early start of fall.  Of course, it unofficially started here in the beginning of September.  And coincidently, the first official day of fall lands on our birthday!  We are so excited; I’m compiling a list of birthday cakes while Marlina get’s to choose.  Hopefully she can come this year to celebrate-it would be so awesome to see her!

Every year or two I run out of Pumpkin Pie Spice.  It’s a necessity on my household as soon as fall hits.  Rather than buying it from the store, I figured I would attempt making it.  I think it tastes exactly like the store bought kind….only better.  Homemade is much more satisfying to me.  It makes just over 5 tablespoons so you have lots to use up for this fall season!  


Pumpkin Pie Spice

INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
1 ½ teaspoon ground cloves

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Transfer into an airtight jar and store until required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios