A Year in Review: 2012 Most Popular Posts (Reader's Picks!)
With 2012 coming close to an end, I can proudly say what a wonderful year it’s been. I hope 2013 is just as good, or even better. We have a trip planned to Costa Rica in February-I can’t wait for some warmer weather! Some of my favorite personal highlights of 2012 include:
· Clicking “Publish” on our first blog post on February 8, 2012. I cannot say enough how proud I am of our blog, and hope that it continues to grow in the upcoming years. I would like to say thank you all so much for reading and being so supportive. We love you all!
· My sister Charlee’s wedding in October. It was wonderful to see my sister so happy and radiant. I also love my new brother in law, Eugene! He’s a great guy and we are so grateful to have him in the family.
· Finishing my 16 month Mental Health Course through Douglas College! I have learned a tremendous amount from this course and will apply it to my daily nursing practice.
· Time spent hiking, fishing, camping, running and cross-country skiing…all of these activities have created wonderful memories that I will always remember. And of course-most, if not all were done with my favorite guy, Gavin.
· Lots of baking…and photography. I have learned so much in both that I really hope to improve in the future and spend more time blogging in the New Year.
Chipotle Bean Burritos-I just love this quick, healthy meal. I'm not surprised this was rated #1. Perfect for weeknight dinners so you can get on with your evening!
Homemade Granola Bars-I have not purchased any granola bars from the store since making these. You shouldn’t either!
Baked Brownie-This decadent, oh-so delicious brownie is rich, moist and leaves you craving for more.
Pumpkin Latte Coffee Cake-This coffee cake welcomes the flavors of fall.
Better than Sex Cupcakes-5 types of chocolate, how could the chocoholic-in-you resist?
Big Bertha Burger-I love this burger, it’s soo delicious. I usually double the batch and survive off of the leftovers for the week!
Pumpkin Spiced Syrup-I love embracing fall with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Starbucks. Now you can make your own at home!
Christmas Salad-This festive looking salad certainly spruces up your holiday table!
Buttery Soft Pretzels-I absolutely love these pretzels. They are so yummy!
Stay tuned for our top blog posts of 2012!