Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests


Happy Easter Everyone!! 

There’s nothing better than a 4 day weekend, especially having all those days off.  I think that’s tops!  I usually end up having to work a day or two of a long weekend, which puts off my plans.  I have had a wonderful weekend so far-running, relaxing, visiting with friends and spending time in my kitchen!  We also are going to dinner tonight and tomorrow, I can’t wait!  What is everyone up to this weekend? 

I absolutely adore these cookies.  I’ve made them twice-my dad and I just love them! And I think they are too cute! J   I haven’t made coconut macaroons before, so I was happily surprised with the way they turned out.  I love the nutella center and the fact it’s topped with my absolute favorite candy, Mini Eggs.  Of course, you can switch it up with any egg-shaped candy, but Mini Eggs are simply the best.  Enjoy your day, everyone!


















Coconut Macaroon Nests
Makes 10-12 cookies

INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg white
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 ½ cups sweetened coconut
1 cup Nutella

Cadbury Mini Eggs

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 325. Line a large baking sheet with a silpat mat.

In a large bowl, stir together condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until well combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.

Using a spoon, scoop up 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place on the baking sheet and pat down, into the shape of a nest. Using a spoon or your thumb, press down on the center.

Bake for 17 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven, and press down with your thumb in the center of the nests again. Cool for about 5 minutes so that they can firm up and set. Remove with a spatula on a cooling rack, and cool completely.

Place 1 tablespoon of nutella in the center of each nest, and top with 3 egg candies in the center. Repeat with the remaining nests.

Store in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios