Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Friday, Dec. 6, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts

A brief absence from the blog has made me miss it so much!!  I went to Vancouver for a couple days on union business.  It was great-I learned lots & am proud to be a part of it.  When I was down there, I found out that FBC 2014 will be in Vancouver next year-exciting!  Mar and I are planning on going-are you?!! :D

With the holiday season fast approaching, I need to add more appetizers to the blog!  And I think these do just the trick.  I’ve made bacon-wrapped scallops before, but I prefer these way better.  I love the crunchy bite of the water chestnut, and it’s sweet & spicy glaze.  Feel free to adust the sriracha if desired.  Just a warning-these go by fast so be sure to make lots!!
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Makes 24-30 rolls

INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
½ pound sliced bacon, cut in half
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sweet chili sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon sriracha

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Wrap each chestnut with a piece of bacon & place the rolls seam-side down in a baking dish.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and cooked through. Drain off the grease. 

In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce & sriracha. 

Brush over the bacon-chestnut rolls & return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes.  

Source: adapted from All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios