Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bacon, Scallion & Caramelized Onion Dip

Chips are pretty much THE classic snack of all time. My sisters and I used to fight over who got the last crumb when my parents would buy it for us.  We loved chips so much that we never get the chance to make our own dip {except maybe the good ole sour cream & onion soup mix dip!}.

Since I’ve never made my own dip, I was pretty excited (as I usually am!) to make it.  I fell in love with the title of this recipe-how could you not?  The caramelized onions take this dip to a whole new level-way better than using onion soup mix!!

Sour Cream & Onion Chips are probably the best chips you will serve with this dip. It’s pretty easy to make, and definitely a crowd pleaser.  You will have to double the amount as it will go by quickly!!
Bacon, Scallion & Caramelized Onion Dip
Makes approximately 2 cups

INGREDIENTS
1 cup caramelized onions, cooled
6 slices bacon (about 6 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch pieces, cooked crisp
¼ cup scallions, green and white parts, minced
1 tsp cider vinegar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 3/4 cups sour cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill for 20 minutes (or up to 3 days) before serving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios