Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mexican Shrimp Cocktail

Lately, I’ve been having a hard time planning dinner- I need to get more organized, and fast!!  I usually try to plan a week in advance but with work being so hectic lately; it’s hard to find the energy.  I guess I shouldn’t complain-steady work is always a good thing.  Except that I have no life-awwwJ.  Anyways, besides my complaining, I was so excited to have days off and it was hard to prioritize what I wanted to make first.  So, I started out with something easy that I knew would be super awesome and wanted to share with you all immediately!

I’ve had shrimp cocktails before, but nothing like this one.  I usually find them plain & boring.  I never really thought I would be making my own at home but then saw this one.   I loved its spicy flavors & the Mexican twist-adding the avocados, cilantro & red onion were such a great idea! This appy actually made me plan our meal around it-normally it’s the other way around.  It’s great with chips or crackers-or even by itself!

Other than working a ton, we visited Marlina over the past weekend.  They bought their first house:D.  I am so happy and excited for her to move in.  And to visit her lots and lots and lots:D  I can’t wait to see how she decorates!  It also has a lot of space and natural light-perfect for food photography!  Super excited for them:D.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS
½ cup ketchup
1 ½ cup vegetable juice (for example, v8)
1-2 tablespoons wasabi or any other kind of horseradish
2 limes, juiced
½ teaspoon hot sauce

¼ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 pound cooked small shrimp (shelled & deveined)

1 avocado, pitted, peeled & finely diced

DIRECTIONS
Stir together the ketchup, vegetable juice, wasabi, lime juice, hot sauce util blended. Add more hot sauce or wasabi if desired.

Add in the onion, cilantro & shrimp. Mix well. Gently stir in the avocados.

Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (If you have leftovers-may keep in the fridge for up to 3 days). Serve with crackers or chips.

Source: minimally adapted from Muy Bueno

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios