Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Round-Up

Cinco de Mayo is fast approaching and I thought I would help you out by featuring some of my Mexican themed recipes on the blog. Cinco de Mayo is NOT a celebration of food or drinks…it’s a celebration of an unlikely victory against the French army in the state of Puebla (called  El Día de la Batalla de Puebla-The Day of the Battle of Puebla).  This is a holiday that is celebrated more in the states than it is in Mexico…but still celebrated none the less. 

Appetizers
My Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is a lovely place to start! This spicy cocktail is best served with chips.

Baked Cheesy Refried Bean Taquitos-a vegetarian appetizer (or main!) to kickstart your party. These babies are perfectly spiced and easy to make!

Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos-*drool* these are making me hungry, already! 


Drinks
Why not making some delicious Blood Orange Margaritas? If you don’t have blood oranges, try substituting it with regular oranges!

 …or you can make Homemade Horchata, a rice drink!


Main
Mexican Pasta Bake-I can’t rave about this enough-so good!

Mexican Quinoa-healthy bowl of Mexican flavors!

Chicken Enchiladas-The best enchiladas you will ever have. No joke.

Shrimp Tacos-mashed black beans, avocado salsa fresca & shrimp in a taco. Heaven!

Chicken & Guacamole Tostadas-my first Mexican post on this blog. This one was delicious!

Dessert
Black Forest Cake-This cake is to DIE for!

Better than Sex Cupcakes-need I say more?

The Baked Brownie-Simply heaven.

And-that’s it! Stay tuned-I will have another great recipe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios