Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chocolate-Toffee Chip Oatmeal Cookies

We are back in business!  I didn’t think I would need this much time to resettle post vacation, but, unfortunately I did.  It’s been an interesting adjustment to say the least to return to a ‘normal’ life after a month of traveling and relaxing.  I think I have almost adjusted…. which I find slightly depressing at the same time.  I spent so long just trying to relax.  Ugh!  However, on the brighter side of things-I am excited to share our trip with you.  We loved Costa Rica so much that we are already planning on going back next year!

During the 2nd week of traveling…I had the BIGGEST craving for cookies.   It was ridiculous.  And not satisfied so easily.  So when we finally got home and settled, I made a batch of cookies, adding everything I had on hand to them.  They sure didn’t last long!  I loved the soft chewy texture of the cookies, which made them even better for dipping in milk.  I discovered that chocolate and toffee make for a wonderful combination that I will not forget.  Can't wait to bake them again!



















Chocolate-Toffee Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 12-18 cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup chocolate chips
¼ cup toffee chips
½ cup pecans, toasted

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, toffee & pecans.

Drop tablespoon-sized dough balls onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until cookies are slightly golden brown. Let the cookies sit for 2 minutes then transfer to cool completely.

Source: adapted from Cookie Cravings: 30 All-Time Favorite Recipes

1 comment:

  1. Cookies = the best thing ever :)

    These look awesome!!!! Cannot wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios