Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Raw Cashew Dreamcake

This past weekend seemed to revolve around food.  Too. Much. Cooking. & Baking.  Just kidding-I loved it!!  We went to the farmers market and received fresh baby potatoes, garlic, tomatoes, snap peas & beets…all from my parent’s garden!  I can’t believe they don’t charge me-I am seriously one lucky girl.  In return, we took them out for lunch & made Sunday dinner for them (local beef ribs & potato salad!) so I think we made it up to them!  Of course, I had to make pie for dessert, plus cookies & bars….yum!

Anyway-Let’s start the week off with something different, shall we? How about a dessert….that’s healthy & tastes delicious.  I am still in disbelief that this is made with minimal ingredients. And that it's healthy.  Yep, I think i'm won over.   It completely revolutionizes the way I think of desserts!  Can't wait to make something else!

Raw Cashew Dreamcake
Makes 1 6-inch cake

INGREDIENTS
For the crust:
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup soft Medjool dates
¼ tsp. sea salt

For the filling:
1 ½ cups cashews
juice of 2 lemons
seeds of 1 whole vanilla bean
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup honey
1 cup raspberries (thaw completely if using frozen)
DIRECTIONS
For the crust:
In a food processor, place the nuts, dates & sea salt and pulse to chop until fine. Test the crust by spooning a small amount in your hands-if it holds together then it’ll do! Place on the bottom of a 6 inch spring foam pan. Press firmly.

For the filling:
Rinse the food processer. In a small saucepan, warm the coconut oil & honey. Whisk to combine.

In the food processor place the cashews, lemons, vanilla, coconut oil & honey together and blend on high until smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the mixture onto the crush, smooth with a spatula.  Add the raspberries to the food processor with the remaining mixture and blend until smooth. Pour onto the fliling.

Place in freezer until solid or overnight. To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating.

Source: minimally adapted from My New Roots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios