Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Roasted Potato Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing

I get so excited about food-especially at this time of year.  These new potatoes are from my parent’s garden and I’ve been reeking in the benefits of their hard labor.   They’ve supplied me with produce for the past few weeks and I love it!  I’ve been dreaming of making this salad long before the potatoes were ready so I was pretty stoked to receive them.  The options are endless-although they are perfect just boiled.  No need to add butter with these babies-they melt in your mouth!

I enjoy this salad warm, while the boy enjoys it cold.  And if you like dill, I highly recommend you add it-it pairs nicely with the salad! :)
Roasted Potato Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing
Serves 6

INGREDIENTS
3 pounds red potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup low-fat mayo
2 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon dill (optional)

6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I prefer to bake mine!)
1 cup green onions

DIRECTIONS
Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, coat evenly.
Arrange potato chunks on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.

Allow the potatoes to cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a large bowl. Make the dressing while you wait-combine the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, mayo, honey, mustard & dill (if using) in a small bowl. Mix well.

Add the bacon, green onions & dressing to the potatoes and mix thoroughly yet gently.

Source: adapted from Center Cut Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios