Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Chipotle Bourbon Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders

This meal has two things that I rarely cook with-alcohol & my crockpot.  I don’t know why it interested me to begin with; perhaps I wanted to try something new.   I know crockpots are supposed to be convenient, but I get so worried that mine will burn down my house (irrational, I know!).  I’ve expressed my feelings in previous posts.  Still trying to remedy this-it’s so hard!! 

I love the slight hint of smoky spicy flavors. I wasn’t feeling too adventurous and so I didn’t add extra additions (ie. cheese, lettuce)-but it’s great with just the bun & pulled pork.  Be sure to toss the pork with the saved sauce-this will add more flavor & provide more moisture to the pork. This is great with fries & a light salad!
Chipotle Bourbon Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders
Makes 6 sliders

INGREDIENTS
1 ½ cups of bourbon

1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup red wine vinegar

1 14.5 ounce can whole tomatoes
3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mustard
½ tablespoon maple syrup
1 ½ tablespoons molasses
1 ½ tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
¼ cup brown sugar

1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin
Slider buns

DIRECTIONS
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce the bourbon to ¾ cup. Set aside.

Heat up the vegetable oil in a medium-sized stockpot.  Cook the onions until translucent, then add the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.  Add in the red wine vinegar and reduce until it’s almost gone.

In a blender, add in the cooked onions, whole tomatoes, chipotle pepper, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, maple syrup, molasses, sriracha & brown sugar. Process until smooth & return to stockpot.  Simmer for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add in the bourbon & cook for an additional 5 minutes.

Place the pork in the slow cooker. Reserve 1 ½ cup-2 cups of the sauce for later. Pour the rest in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, halve the time on high.

Shred the pork with a fork. Toss with more of the sauce if desired.

Serve over warmed slider buns. 


Source: adapted from Savory Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios