Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Everything Oatmeal Cookie

It’s been over a month since I’ve posted, and I can’t say I feel that bad-I’m sorry!  It’s been really busy around here lately, which is my usual excuse, but it’s true.  My sisters were up for Christmas and it was so lovely having them here and spending time with them.  I also had to work Christmas for the first time in years so I had mixed feelings about that, but the day went by okay. You make the best with what you have!

I’ve been trying to do new things while having fun and getting outdoors this winter, because I typically tend to hunker down and stay indoors until spring comes.  But I’ve managed to reignite my passion for cross-country skiing so that’s been so rewarding!  Long and late night skies have been my highlights!  Unfortunately, spring has decided to come early and it’s making it harder to ski, so I’m slightly saddened that the season will be done soon enough.

Anyway, enough about my life!  Before Charlee & Eugene left, I made cookies.  I couldn’t send them home empty handed!  These had a bit of everything-oatmeal, coconut, toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and most importantly-chocolate. I don’t think you can go wrong with these cookies-especially eaten right out of the oven when they are soft & gooey!
The Everything Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 20-24 cookies

INGREDIENTS
2 ½ cup old fashioned oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt

1 cup canola oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup toasted pecans, dried cranberries + unsweetened coconut

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mix together the oat, all purpose flour, brown sugar, baking soda & salt. Mix until well combined and form a well.  Using a silicone or wood spatula, add in the canola oil, eggs and vanilla extract and mix well to combine. Fold in the mini chocolate chips, toasted pecans, dried cranberries and coconut.

Roll approximately ¼ cup into a ball and press onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Space about 1 inch apart and repeat with remaining dough mixture.

Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until set.

Source: adapted from Half Baked Harvest

2 comments:

  1. Love a classic oatmeal cookie. These look so delicious Helena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey helena ! Just wantdd to say ive been following your blog for while now , and of course I love it .... its ok u hadnt posted in a. While cuz it gives me a chance to go back snd read older recipes :) , looking to your blog for inspiration is pretty much part of my dailey routine ;)! Xoxo island chick :) ( aka baileys little sis )

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios